Friday, December 18, 2009

Some things never change…..

Christmas 2009 145
We’ve had those little magnetic alphabet letters on our dishwasher for ages.  A few months ago, I made the statement that we really should get rid of those.  The kids really had outgrown them.  “But I like having them there” was the comment, not from my children, but from my husband.  “Fine, I’ll leave them”, I said, secretly mumbling under my breath.  The letters can go unnoticed for months but then they are available for little nephews to wipe off the dishwasher and toss on the floor over and over and over again in the few short hours that they are here.   On my family’s recent visit over the holidays, my brother had left a message stating “Uncle Bobby was here” for the kids to find the next day.  They immediately decided that the statement was unfinished and added “and had gas”.  Some things never change.  John does not understand my family’s interest in male flatulence.  We grew up with a father that was famous for the “pull my finger” statement.  When my brother shows up for a visit, flatulence immediately becomes a part of the daily activities.  Maybe it's a good thing that they are only here for one week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment