Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It was a Monday...



Yesterday was just one of those days when you wish you could crawl back in bed and start all over. I was in a crabby mood for most of the day, but can't really explain why. Not a good way to start off the day. Work has been crazy. I had something that I absolutely had to get done, and nothing was going smoothly. Computer issues, program issues, things not balancing. Grrr.....

That evening, while at the girl's violin lesson, I decided to write in my gratitude journal. The journal was a gift, back in December, from a sweet friend of mine. The intent is to find something (or somethings) each day to be thankful for and write it down.  I have to admit that I haven't really written in this journal much since she gave it to me, but decided that I have been in need of an attitude adjustment lately.  I actually was feeling a bit better as we made our way home.

Once home, I decided to make something for my co-worker's birthday on Tuesday.  I really should've know better than to try to bake something at the end of a long day. But, try I did.  I didn't get very far before I messed up the recipe.  Threw it out and was going to try again and then realized I didn't have enough of the ingredients I needed. Grrr.......

I gave up and went to bed.

I left early for work Tuesday morning, intending to stop and pick up something for the birthday and to get a jump on my work day.  Of course, the first store wasn't open.  Don't they have 24 hour groceries anymore?  This day was not starting out well. The second store wasn't really open, but they let me come in anyway.  And were really nice about it.

Within the first half hour of working on my reports, I figured out what was wrong.

At that point, I already knew what I'd be writing in my gratitude journal that night.

"I'm thankful for Tuesdays."

2 comments:

  1. I had one of those Mondays ... last week; and I went to my gratitude journal; and a friend called (Linda) as I was starting to write in it and I cried like a baby!! Then, I prayed and wrote in it and felt better. Thank you for acknowleding and telling your stories ... I feel better now! Love you, my friend! Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie...thanks for visiting I hope this finds you've had a better day belated Happy birthday to Matthew!!

    ReplyDelete