Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Sorting Hat Cake

I'm not much of a cake baker/decorator.  I've tried a few and some have turned out, some not.  There was the year that the little boy wanted a lego cake.  According to my husband, the "legos" looked like something else entirely.  Figures a man would think that.  The bowling pin cake and the tie-dyed t-shirt turned out but some others ended up looking like blobs of cake and frosting.  So, when the little girl decided she wanted a Harry Potter theme for her birthday, I wasn't quite sure what kind of cake would work with that.  She found a sorting hat cake on the internet. 

Great, just great. 

I decided I'd better give this one a trial run.  I made my own marshmallow fondant and used a variety of bowls as templates to cut the cake into different sizes.  I was pretty pleased with how this turned out.  Hope the "real" one turns out just as well.  Otherwise, I might be making a last minute trip to Dairy Queen.


1 comment:

  1. It's perfect you know, it's just perfect :)
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete