Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The world needs a little more duct tape


Give a girl some duct tape and you'll never know what she might do with it. Seriously.

The ten-year old is in love with duct tape.  Last Christmas, she asked for duct tape.  Her fun-loving and creative Aunt even found her some cool tye-dyed duct tape.  Awesome.  She's made wallets and other small things like that, but a few weeks ago she decided she wanted to make a duffel bag.

"I don't think I can help you with that one, honey."

"That's okay.  I know exactly what I need to do" she told me.

And she did.  She worked quietly up in her room, at her little art desk, for over an hour on her project.  She appeared for dinner and then went straight back to her room to continue working. 

"Mom, do you have any spare binder things from one of those three ring binders?"

It just happened that I did.  Don't ask me why, but I salvaged some binder mechanisims when I sorted through my son's barely staying together school binders.  What luck.

By the end of the evening, she had her project finished.  Her very own duct tape duffel bag.

I bet none of the girls at this week's sleepover will have anything like this.  Good thing the little girl likes to be unique.

4 comments:

  1. This is ridiculously impressive! It's so funny to me how similar these girls are... Ally made Rob a duct tape wallet for father's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it!!! I cant wait to show L. He will be SO PROUD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is soooo cool! She needs to submit it to the duct tape festival that is in North Olmstead or somewhere up there. Isn't that where duct tape is made?? Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete